ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to create a shortcut for the "wireless network connection" in Windows XP?

<< < (13/16) > >>

4wd:
The C# Native WiFi API thing didn't pan out as it's Vista/7 only (I'm not ready to give-up on XP just yet), so I'm polking around looking for options.
-Stoic Joker (January 31, 2011, 07:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's strange because they implemented it from XP SP2 onwards, well according to Microsoft....but then, what would they know :)

And it seems to work OK on XP-SP3 via my LANToggle program, (ie. it lists the interfaces and lets me (dis|en)able them), AutoIt of course so maybe there is a little more trickery going on.

However, I don't think it will work if the you don't use the Wireless Zero Config in Windows, (ie. the adapter uses whatever the manufacturer supplied by way of connection software).

lanux128:
I was wrong.  There's no error.  Maybe i was using the older version.-superboyac (January 31, 2011, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

you're not imagining it. the error also appeared on my WinXP desktop. i'm using the version that Stoic Joker posted latest. (yup, version numbering might be a good idea). :)

Stoic Joker:
That error message is (should only be) displayed when you hit the cancel button.

lanux128:
That error message is (should only be) displayed when you hit the cancel button.-Stoic Joker (January 31, 2011, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, that's what i did. was just testing on a PC with non-wifi component to see what happens.

Stoic Joker:
That error message is (should only be) displayed when you hit the cancel button.-Stoic Joker (January 31, 2011, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, that's what i did. was just testing on a PC with non-wifi component to see what happens.
-lanux128 (January 31, 2011, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Okay, my intention was to give the user feedback regarding the programs intentions. So they weren't waiting for it to do something else, and/or were not sure it had completely closed. If it is actually causing more confusion I can pull it out of the next build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version