ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to create a shortcut for the "wireless network connection" in Windows XP?

<< < (11/16) > >>

Stoic Joker:
The AutoIt stuff seemed to be based on this C/C++ code into the Native WiFi API-4wd (January 30, 2011, 10:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hm... I'll have to explore that this evening as it just may be a better angle of attack than the one I'm currently using.

superboyac:
Stoic, the latest file works for me.  I just tried it.  Thanks!  I tried it at home on a Windows 7 pc with no wifi adapters, and it gave some kind of GUID error dialog.  But I just tried it at work on the laptop, and it worked fine.

lanux128:
Below is the current build with working save to .ini, or registry options. The default action is to save nothing anywhere in the interest of portability.
 (see attachment in previous post)-Stoic Joker (January 30, 2011, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

this version works well on my netbook (WinXP SP3), nice work! :up:

Stoic Joker:
I tried it at home on a Windows 7 pc with no wifi adapters, and it gave some kind of GUID error dialog.
-superboyac (January 31, 2011, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Really? Weird, I just ran it here (Win7 desktop/no WiFi) and it just quietly exited. Might that have been an earlier build? I gotta remember to put build numbers in these things (bad habbit...).

If you let me know which GUID error (there's several...) it threw, I'll see if I can figure out how it got there. I still gotta work out a dead adapter check too.

superboyac:
I tried it at home on a Windows 7 pc with no wifi adapters, and it gave some kind of GUID error dialog.
-superboyac (January 31, 2011, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Really? Weird, I just ran it here (Win7 desktop/no WiFi) and it just quietly exited. Might that have been an earlier build? I gotta remember to put build numbers in these things (bad habbit...).

If you let me know which GUID error (there's several...) it threw, I'll see if I can figure out how it got there. I still gotta work out a dead adapter check too.
-Stoic Joker (January 31, 2011, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'll make sure to do that once I get home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version