ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to create a shortcut for the "wireless network connection" in Windows XP?

(1/16) > >>

superboyac:
I'm not having luck finding any way to create a shortcut for the Wireless Network Connection dialog in windows Xp.  Can anyone help with this?  Without a shortcut, it takes two or three clicks to get to the screen, depending on how you go about it.  You can click on the tray icon for wifi, which opens up the properties, then from there you have to click on the "view wireless networks" button to get to the screen.  I've googled this, and there are no answers that I could find (surprise).  There was the typical forum response of "you can just click here and then click there" to someone, who (as i would) responded with "Yes, I'm aware of the normal way of doing it.  i was asking for a shortcut."  that was pretty funny.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to do the shortcut.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

Carol Haynes:
Drag the connection to the desktop

AndyM:
Drag the connection to the desktop
-Carol Haynes (January 24, 2011, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
from the Network Connections Folder

Stoic Joker:
I don't have WiFi on my desktop... but ncpa.cpl opens the network connections folder. It's possible if you do a search of the Windows folder for *.cpl you might get closer (find a better match) to your target.

Stoic Joker:
Also Found This:
Wireless Network Setup
RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL NetSetup.cpl,@0,WNSW

Here: http://www.osattack.com/windows-7/huge-list-of-windows-7-shell-commands/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version