ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Closet favorite

<< < (2/2)

steeladept:
Also, how about a refresh button or command for the active menus?  Let me explain, if I start LBC and my thumbdrive isn't in the computer yet, the portable lbc file won't open (obviously, because it can't find the file).  So after I stick in the thumbdrive, I have to close LBC and reopen it so both menus now open.  If there was a way to "refresh" it in a case like that, I'd just click the refresh button and it would see that the thumbdrive is there now and open that menu.  Same goes for if I remove the thumbdrive.  Does that make sense?
-superboyac (January 11, 2011, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

An alternative that may make it even easier (not necessarily for you though, mouser) would be to poll the drives on the event of plugging in or removing a storage device.  I don't how much that involves, but I know that many programs do that, so I am guessing it is a documented API for Windows.

superboyac:
And as an added incentive, mouser, you'd be able to give yourself one of those very cool superman badges.

mouser:
Ok, let me move up to top priority adding code that responds when drives are plugged in or removed.  That's been mentioned before in a slightly different context -- a cool idea to have certain buttons or bars show when a drive is inserted.

superboyac:
Ok, let me move up to top priority adding code that responds when drives are plugged in or removed.  That's been mentioned before in a slightly different context -- a cool idea to have certain buttons or bars show when a drive is inserted.
-mouser (January 11, 2011, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
yeah, that would be even better.  I just thought it would be harder for you do implement.

J-Mac:
I love this app too! I don’t use it in a portable way but between this and FARR all my launching needs are perfectly met!

BTW I don’t use a dock but instead I just use the Alt+L hotkey and the pop-up menu. Out of the way but always ready!

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version