ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

Major feature instead of new up for NANY?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
But it doesnt make sense to have a programming event then i don't think.. Though i guess encouraging UPDATES to existing apps for march could make some sense.
-mouser (January 24, 2011, 09:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

You don't think that doing a wrap up of the previous year's achievements wouldn't work? for which badges could also be given??

Seems to me that reminding people of the great benefits of DC have given over the past 12 months could have lots of nice follow ons...

Edit: Agreed -- another competition wont work so close...

Deozaan:
As for the original topic, I'd say that updates to existing programs don't count for NANY. All you have to do is expand NANY to New Apps for the New Year to see why.

If we started including apps made all year round or updates to existing apps, we'd definitely have to do something in addition to or instead of NANY.

Perhaps NYCE: New Year Coding Extravaganza.

Or MY DC: Mid-Year DonationCoder Challenge.

You don't think that doing a wrap up of the previous year's achievements wouldn't work? for which badges could also be given??

Seems to me that reminding people of the great benefits of DC have given over the past 12 months could have lots of nice follow ons...-Perry Mowbray (January 24, 2011, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps an annual CODY award ceremony: Coder(s) Of Da Year

mouser:
rules for nany have always allowed complete REWRITES, and perhaps major new version which are more than 50% new code, as allowable nany, but not simple updates.

phitsc:
Don't worry mouser. I'll release the plugin when it's done, be it NANY or not. I must learn to put personal recognition in the form of nice colourful badges aside and try to strive for inner peace instead (or something like that ;)).

phitsc:

Seems to me that reminding people of the great benefits of DC have given over the past 12 months could have lots of nice follow ons...
-Perry Mowbray (January 24, 2011, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a very nice idea to me!  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version