ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

Major feature instead of new up for NANY?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
We've actually discussed previously that the New Year Celebration could / should encompass other aspects of DC's year (NANY just being one). There are lots of facets of DC that get "lost" through the year that could be helped by being repackaged at the end of the year.

Coding Snacks is one, and New Releases of existing software is another.

Where as they aren't really a NANY (more just a NA  ;) ) maybe the badge could extended to the celebration, which could include things like featured:

* coding snacks
* major new releases
* major reviews
as well as New Apps??

timns:
What is the date of DC's anniversary?

Then we could have "New Apps for Donationcoder's Anniversary" - NADA!

Ah... er...  :-\

mouser:
yeah one of the serious discussions we've had about NANY is:

Should NANY encompass any NEW apps made during the previous year.

It is somewhat illogical to think that someone who has released 10 coding snacks over the course of the year might not enter NANY just because their programs were released a month earlier as a NANY.

So one proposed change would be to say that NANY celebrates new applications released in the past year, regardless of when.

Perry Mowbray:

-mouser (January 24, 2011, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

NAPY???

worstje:

It is somewhat illogical to think that someone who has released 10 coding snacks over the course of the year might not enter NANY just because their programs were released a month earlier as a NANY.

So one proposed change would be to say that NANY celebrates new applications released in the past year, regardless of when.
-mouser (January 24, 2011, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

As much as I understand the logic, I say no. I have found that NANY brings DoCo together in a way that regular coding snacks do not seem to do. The IRC channel got busier (or well, at least I became a frequent visitor), people offer to help one another out, we test eachothers stuff, and so forth. In comparison coding snacks are usually a bit of a one-on-one operation with a requester who tests and the one obliging and serving the snack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version