ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: RandomPlayer - play a mp3 file at (almost) random intervals

<< < (8/9) > >>

brotherS:
Not sure if this really is a bug, but I feel RandomPlayer could play stuff more random than it does. It's more of a feeling than an exact measure... so maybe it's just selective attention.  8)

skwire:
Welcome to the pseudo-random random of computers.   :D

wr975:
Welcome to the pseudo-random random of computers.   :D
-skwire (December 28, 2011, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hate it when I put 20h of music in Winamp, click "shuffle" and within two hours I hear the same song three times. ;-)

Not sure if this really is a bug, but I feel RandomPlayer could play stuff more random than it does. It's more of a feeling than an exact measure... so maybe it's just selective attention.
--- End quote ---

The script writes a history file to remember what it played. Let's say you got 15 files in your songlist. It won't repeat any file, until it played all 15 files. Then it erases its history file and starts again. Of course, this is not perfect. If you're in bad luck, file 15 and file 01 can be the same file. Guess such situations happen to you ocassionally, making you wonder why it's sometimes "less random".

If it wouldn't erase the history file, but keep the last 5 entries, it would be better. But this would've been more code lines than the whole "random history" thing.

Anyway, adding more files to your playlist is the best you can do.

brotherS:
The script writes a history file to remember what it played. Let's say you got 15 files in your songlist. It won't repeat any file, until it played all 15 files. Then it erases its history file and starts again. Of course, this is not perfect. If you're in bad luck, file 15 and file 01 can be the same file. Guess such situations happen to you ocassionally, making you wonder why it's sometimes "less random".
-wr975 (December 28, 2011, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
I had that too once :) What I meant though is that I got the impression that the list itself is not always randomized, like when 2 files that are listed below each other (out of 50+ total) are picked directly after each other more often than what would feel random to me.

Since I don't know what randomization code/method you use I have no idea if that could influence it.

wr975:
I'd like to test it. Could you zip all files (including sound files) and send it to me (attached to a PM)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version