ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: RandomPlayer - play a mp3 file at (almost) random intervals

<< < (4/9) > >>

brotherS:
Hi there, new version uploaded.-wr975 (January 27, 2011, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great! The only bug I can find in this version is that the "next song in X minutes" info (when you hover over the tray icon) is not updated as time passes... it always (for example) says 15 minutes, even a minute before the file is then correctly being played.

And how about adding info (when you hover over the tray icon) when RandomPlayer is in 'sleep mode'?

Right-click tray menu added.-wr975 (January 27, 2011, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice, could you please also (re-)add a menu item to pause the script? :)

And how about using the default system editor instead of Editor for songlist ("songList" = typo?) and configuration?

About the blacklisted process... the default.ini had Skype.exe blacklisted. Perhaps it was active? The default.ini now comes with an empty blacklist.
-wr975 (January 27, 2011, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm.... maybe it was running in the background. I suggest you rephrase that bubble error message. I had NO IDEA what it meant... and I requested that feature!  ;D  Maybe change it to something like this?

No sound because blacklisted process
is active; see configuration.
--- End quote ---

brotherS:
Also, I'd like an option to have RandomPlayer announce only *that* it's about to play something, but not *what*... some surprise factor. :)

wr975:
> next song in X minutes

It was originally meant to be one time only task tray tip, but then it got into an infotip ... which doesn't auto-update, of course. You're right.

I have no time to work on this script this weekend, but expect an update next week.  

brotherS:
Ok. :)

Another idea (in addition to the sleep mode) would be an option to be able to set the PC idle time in minutes (I used A_TimeIdlePhysical for that in the past) after which RandomPlayer stops playing stuff too, even outside of the set sleep times.

So when you sleep longer on a Saturday or Sunday (with the PC running), RandomPlayer won't start to play something before you get up.

Have a good weekend!

wr975:
A new version is online... see my first post.

> "next song in X minutes" info

Messing around with date and time values is always a task for me. But I think I got it. :-) Trying to keep it simple, X minutes will never be more than 59.

> And how about adding info when RandomPlayer is in 'sleep mode'?
> Nice, could you please also (re-)add a menu item to pause the script?
> And how about using the default system editor instead of Editor
> No sound because blacklisted process
> an option to be able to set the PC idle time in minutes

Done 5x

See the .ini file to activate/deactivate settings.

I've tested it quite some time, but there's a lot to test already. So I hope there're no bugs.

Enjoy!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version