ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: RandomPlayer - play a mp3 file at (almost) random intervals

<< < (2/9) > >>

timns:
Go on - now tell us why you want it?  :tellme:

brotherS:
I don't know what you're doing with it, but it sounds fun.
-wr975 (January 23, 2011, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. :-) It's a 'mind hack' experiment, I'm using this to guide my attention in a direction I like (so as not to be on automatic 24/7).

Here's a little AHK script doing most of the things you want. Perhaps you'll find it useful until someone provides a better solution or enhances this basic script. It works fine on my system. The sound file is just started and sent to the registered sound player. On my system it's Winamp. It communicates via the Tray.
--- End quote ---

RandomPlayer! I like the name. :-)

Sending it to the registered player won't work for me (because of the way things are set up here), could you change that to AHK's own SoundPlay command please?

>  (in ABC order or randomly)

Randomly. The script kinda remembers the tracks played in a file called "played.txt" and won't repeat until all files in songlist.txt have been played.
--- End quote ---

Very nice!

I'd prefer *not* to receive bubble notifications about in how many minutes the next file will be played. Could you remove that please or add an on/off switch for that? And by the way, the "x seconds" warnings before a file is launched only seem to work here once after the script is started...weird.

An idea I forgot to mention before: it would be nice if one could specify a list of programs that - if running - would make RandomPlayer *not* launch a file, for example Skype.exe.

Thanks for your work so far!

wr975:

I've updated my first post with the new file.

> could you change that to AHK's own SoundPlay command please?

Easy. Done.

Now as AHK is playing the song, there's of course no toaster or song information. AHK's progress function could be used to generate some song information on the desktop, but that's really too much work for me.

So, as a "better than nothing" feature: If you're hovering the mouse cursor over the trayicon it'll display a infotip, telling you what the script is currently doing (waiting, song file name, couldn't play because of a blacklisted process).

> I'd prefer *not* to receive bubble notifications about in how many minutes the next file will be playe

Done. See the script for another parameter.

> And by the way, the "x seconds" warnings before a file is

Totally works here (Win7x64). I see it everytime. So sorry, if I can't see what's wrong, I can't fix it.

> nice if one could specify a list of programs that

Done. See the script.

> Thanks for your work so far!

You're welcome.

brotherS:
Sounds great, thanks! I'll play around with the new version. :)

brotherS:
I created an icon: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b524chh/n/RandomPlayer.ico

If you like it, add it to your archive above and add this line under the Splitpath line:

--- ---Menu, Tray, Icon, RandomPlayer.ico

Maybe there's a better way to do it, but this works. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version