ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: RandomPlayer - play a mp3 file at (almost) random intervals

(1/9) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

I'm looking for a simple program to play a mp3 file at almost random intervals throughout the day. Couldn't find something like that with Google.

'Nice to have' options would be:
- daily start time and end time (limiting the 'operating hours')
- minimum time (in minutes) that needs to pass before it plays the file again
- maximum time

So if I'd set "min" to 10 minutes and "max" to 30 minutes, it might play the file again after 14 minutes, then again after 11, and then again after 25. Etc.

Bonus options I'd like:
- an option to set the volume
- ability to have it play more than one file (in ABC order or randomly)
- an optional toaster or tray area bubble notification that announces that it will play the/a mp3 in x seconds (the amount of seconds being customizable)

Oh, and a low CPU usage is much appreciated!

Ath:
Doesn't WinAmp have a Shuffle option?

brotherS:
It probably does (no idea, Winamp just won't run on this computer for some reason), but does it support the randomly long silence I need and described above? Never saw it in a regular player.

mouser:
i'm curious about how you would use such a program -- what's the point of it?

wr975:
I don't know what you're doing with it, but it sounds fun.

Here's a little AHK script doing most of the things you want. Perhaps you'll find it useful until someone provides a better solution or enhances this basic script. It works fine on my system. The sound file is just started and sent to the registered sound player. On my system it's Winamp. It communicates via the Tray.

> So if I'd set "min" to 10 minutes and "max" to 30 minutes

Done

> an option to set the volume

Sorry, no.

> ability to have it play more than one file

Done. Edit the file "randomplayer_songlist.txt" and add with full path song files. Sample entries provided.

>  (in ABC order or randomly)

Randomly. The script kinda remembers the tracks played in a file called "played.txt" and won't repeat until all files in songlist.txt have been played.

> an optional toaster

Sorry, no. Install http://www.cdartdisplay.com/ for toasters.

> or tray area bubble notification that announces that it will play the/a mp3 in x seconds

Done.

> (the amount of seconds being customizable)

Done. Load the script in notepad. There're some parameters to configure.

> low CPU usage is much appreciated!

Guess it's done... but this isn't really my doing. AHK power... ;-)

EDIT: Download moved to my last post in this thread

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version