ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

GetSerious0.1 - (don't expect much)

<< < (3/5) > >>

kobi7:
I don't plan to change much more here.
-kobi7 (January 25, 2011, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
excuse me, I was tired. any suggestions are welcomed!

here is another minor release.
I think it's pretty good now.

new: magnetized when close, but movable.
new: can hide or show.
new: has a systray icon, albeit not very pretty.
even when hidden, it continues to keep statistics.
hope this is good for your productivity - timing yourself, or staying more focused

Enjoy :-)

Kobi

kobi7:
A movable window (on a rubber-band) that snaps back into the corner strikes me as a bit counter intuitive.
-Stoic Joker (January 25, 2011, 07:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Fixed. now you can move it. it will jump back to screen when you put it offscreen, and when close by to one of the walls, will jump to it (magnetize).

I still need to disable double clicking the title, and make close X only hide it to systray.
there is visibility in systray now, you can exit, or show/hide it.

I like the progress bars for an at-a-glance overview, but they are a bit too active (draws the eye badly). Perhaps they could update from their current position, instead of zero each time to cut down on the blinking effect.
--- End quote ---

Does it flicker for you with the latest version?

you may try it.
any other suggestions?
right now it's fixed on showing the top 10 applications, I can have it configurable if you guys want.
see you soon, kobi

kobi7:
Another version.

you can now increase or decrease the number of items shown, by clicking (left click / right click) the +/- label in the new status bar.
closing a window, now only hides it.
better systray icon. (?)
systray menu done.

sources are included.
Enjoy.

I improved on my winforms knowledge from this tiny application. (understood their concept better)
This is probably the last version (unless you find a bug), as I'm content with the result.

Hope to post here something more meaningful, yet still as simple to use, in the near future.
See you, Kobi

Stoic Joker:
A movable window (on a rubber-band) that snaps back into the corner strikes me as a bit counter intuitive.
--- End quote ---
Fixed. now you can move it. it will jump back to screen when you put it offscreen, and when close by to one of the walls, will jump to it (magnetize).-kobi7 (January 30, 2011, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cool, I like best of both solutions.

I like the progress bars for an at-a-glance overview, but they are a bit too active (draws the eye badly). Perhaps they could update from their current position, instead of zero each time to cut down on the blinking effect.
--- End quote ---

Does it flicker for you with the latest version?-kobi7 (January 30, 2011, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps I explained that badly. Flickering implies that the program is rendering badly/malfunctioning...Which it is not. It runs fine.

It is the as designed behavior of repetedly going from zero to X that keeps the UI in a constant state of motion. Which is what tends to draw the eye.

skwire:
FWIW, it seems to work but doesn't display properly on my computer (Windows XP SP3).  Here's a screenshot:

GetSerious0.1 - (don't expect much)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version