ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

why is it so difficult to pick out a new computer?

<< < (2/5) > >>

4wd:
I suppose it's "love" then?  :o
-Renegade (January 22, 2011, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Up until you install Windows on it  :P

app103:
For just email and web surfing you really don't need very much, but there are some really nice machines that can be had inexpensively.

Maybe you'll find something good on this page.

I suppose it's "love" then?  :o
-Renegade (January 22, 2011, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Up until you install Windows on it  :P
-4wd (January 22, 2011, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

They do sell stuff without an OS.  ;)

If you don't see anything today, check back, because their merchandise changes constantly. And if you do find something you like, don't take too long to think about it because stuff sells out fast. Keep your eyes open for HP & Dell business class machines. They are usually better built than the consumer grade ones. Anything that doesn't come with an OS, check the manufacturer's website to find out what drivers they have. Some of the much cheaper machines are older and only XP drivers are available.

And don't forget to check out their prices on parts. Might be cheaper to get something a little less than what you want and take advantage of a good price on a few upgrade parts for it.

techidave:
4wd.. your prices are Australian dollars, correct?

AU$421

techidave:
I have purchased from Geeks before.  It looks like most of their stuff is refurbs, which in my opinion are too high priced for a slightly used computer as compared to a new one.

4wd:
4wd.. your prices are Australian dollars, correct?

AU$421
-techidave (January 22, 2011, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, as I said, just an FYI from our semi-nationwide discount computer parts store.

MSY - If you're interested, no where near the range of Newegg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version