ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Checking for available domain name = giving it away?

<< < (2/8) > >>

mahesh2k:
instantdomainsearch.com - is one bad site that does this regularly. For example, i'm in process to release short story website so i searched 'storystack.com' and in next 2 hours it was registered by someone.  >:(  Don't tell me a site name which i was checking for last 6 month got registered in 2 hours ? Even my friend confirmed it when he wanted to register a domain with android name in it.

nosh:
I've searched for two separate domain names using network solutions and instantdomainsearch... let's wait and see.

nudone:
Pretty sure I've had this done to a couple of my searches; can't remember what service I was using though.

Now, I'll just try the domain in the address bar to see if anything comes up, then move on to checking with Godaddy.

Ath:
I check 'em directly at the local TLD registrar site, as they offer a 'who owns this domain' service. Never failed, and never got an unregistered domain grabbed right before my eyes.

f0dder:
The Danish registrar DK HostMaster doesn't do this, and allows you to search their domains directly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version