ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlining software recommendations?

<< < (6/10) > >>

wraith808:
^ I think that you might have misunderstood what it is.  It doesn't create outlines in Word documents; it organizes Word documents.  When you're working on a large project, in a lot of cases, you're working with more than one document.  This allows you to organize them, rather than have to manually keep up with several word documents.

J-Mac:
OK then I'm thinking of a program that was recently available that added several pre-built outlining styles in Office 2007, filling the gap left when the outline formats were abandoned by MS.

Jim

johnk:
^ I think that you might have misunderstood what it is.  It doesn't create outlines in Word documents; it organizes Word documents.  When you're working on a large project, in a lot of cases, you're working with more than one document.  This allows you to organize them, rather than have to manually keep up with several word documents.
-wraith808 (February 02, 2011, 11:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, Writing Outliner for MS Word is, on one level, a similar product to the excellent free utility Chapter by Chapter, which is a useful tool for organising Word documents.

wraith808:
^ Oooh... thanks!  I'd never seen that before!  It looks like a cool piece of software.

...D'oh!  I already bought Writing Outliner, so this just gives me a reason to maybe think I spent money needlessly.  :-[

jkitc:
NoteTab. I have used for years. It is fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version