ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

LastPass - What are your thoughts?

<< < (4/10) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Only thing I use for Passwords is f0dder's fsekrit

It's small, it's portable, it's simple, it works.

CleverCat:
For offline mode try LastPass Pocket - works with a saved encrypted database.

https://lastpass.com/misc_download.php

Deozaan:
I started using LastPass when Gawker allowed my password to get leaked to the world.

It's a little troublesome with the UI, and an offline mode seems like it would be nice (thanks for that link CleverCat, I'll check it out!), but how are you going to login to a website when you're offline anyway?

Other than that I really like it and use it, and even recommend it to others when they ask about something like that.

EDIT: According to the description of LastPass Pocket, it appears as though all browser extension versions of LastPass support offline access to the database:

Provides backup capability and offline access for your LastPass vault. All extensions have full offline support. LastPass Portable is recommended over using LastPass Pocket.
--- End quote ---
(Emphasis added.)

Carol Haynes:
LastPass seems a little odd after RoboForm but after a few days I really like it.

Some observations (sorry if they are obvious but I only noticed by accident):

First - the single button approach is neat and compact - but if like me you are used to the RoboForm tool bar you can go into the LastPass options and get a similar toolbar to show easily enough.

Second - my transfer from RoboForm to LastPass went very smoothly. However a few websites don't seem to get picked up LastPass. I think is is because it is stricter on the URLs recognised. If/when this sort of thing happened in RoboForm doing a search was laborious - but in LastPass ust click on the My LastPass link in the toolbar - your entire vault is opened in a new browser window (whether you are online or not) and simply start typing the website you need to find and voila it appears instantly. A little judicious tweaking of the fields fixes the problem permanently. I thought this was going to be a laborious process and timeconsuming but so far with thousands of logins it hasn't really proved a problem at all.

Third - I wanted my passwords on my computers - not just in the ether. That is precisely what I have with LastPass. If I disconnect from the internet I can still access all of my data (so things like notes etc. or access to passwords where my computer is not connected for some reason are still available).

All in all I am impressed with the free version of LastPass and I am considering paying the $12 subscription to have access on my Blackberry and also to store passwords for desktop apps.

allen:

but how are you going to login to a website when you're offline anyway?
-Deozaan (January 22, 2011, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Security isn't for websites-only. In my password manager I have stored credit card information, passwords for zip files, fsekret passwords . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version