ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

LastPass - What are your thoughts?

<< < (2/10) > >>

bscott:
I have Roboform 6 but have been using Lastpass for the past few weeks as a potential replacement since I don't intend to pay to upgrade toRoboform7.

I must say that I have been pleasantly surprised by Lastpass. The features I use most are Sites, Secure Notes and Generate Secure Password and each of these I find works just as well as in Roboform 6. One feature that I found very usefull in Roboform was the form filling but I am not sure yet how well this works in Lastpass. Regardless of the form filling capabilities I will stick to Lastpass and if I needed any of the Premium features I would gladly pay for them.

I wasn't totally comfortable with having my passwords stored remotely but then I have Roboform data on a laptop and on a USB stick both of which I could lose.

I haven't used Roboform since installing Lastpass and will shortly delete it.

Although I was 100% happy with Roboform 6 I took exception to having bought a 'lifetime' licence and then being told that I must pay to upgrade to Version 7.

Bamse:
From what I know of RoboForm the strength of encryption rely on your master password. Same way as with Firefox master password. Encryption is done on your computer, before sending off any data and why you don't have to worry about all those Roboform files, and if you can't remember password all is lost since RoboForm have no clue of password = also not content. That setup is supposed to shut up those who do not trust anything "cloudy" ;) How online database work I have no clue about but would expect it do equally secure. Have not tried new Everywhere thingy but old RoboForm Online did not reveal everything just because you could log in, if entry was set up with master password required nothing was shown until that was punched in. Was synched with preferences of "offline" RoboForm. Lastpass has same features.

allen:
I am not the least bit comfortable with any password utility that I don't have complete control over. -40hz (January 21, 2011, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Curious, what do you use that you have complete control over it?

40hz:
Keypass and KeePassX   :Thmbsup:

Very secure and totally local. I even get access to the source code.  :)

allen:
I'm totally sold on the convenience of being able to access my passwords from absolutely anywhere (though I also have means of accessing them locally in the event of a loss of Internet). As far as my data goes, I am sufficiently confident in my password + encryption key (two separate, required items) that I'd be comfortable putting my data on a public ftp site, let alone a secure server. On top of that, when not on my own machine a Yubikey is required to access my account -- but honestly, that's just overkill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version