ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

GarageGames: $99 Game Engines (with Source!)

(1/6) > >>

Deozaan:

You've been patiently waiting and the time has come. GarageGames is back! We've changed our name back to GarageGames and we are dropping the prices on all products to $99.00 to celebrate our new direction and return to our indie roots. It's been a storied ten years for the GarageGames name and we are looking forward to ushering in the next decade.

The return of GarageGames is much more than a $99 price point. It's a commitment to the community who grew with us over the years. It's a return to the values that brought people together to make great games without the burden of unbearable pricing or royalties. Our community is a diverse group of people who are willing and able to help each other grow as game developers and we can't wait to take that community to the next level.

--- End quote ---

http://www.garagegames.com/community/blog/view/20775/

I'm glad to see GarageGames alive again. They have quite an amazing 3D engine so the $99 price point with full source code and no royalties is really amazing! The 2D engine shouldn't be overlooked either.

Renegade:
Wow. Very interesting. And dirt cheap! I'm very tempted just to buy a license to play with~! :P

All the money I make from the gaming industry is from other people's games. Never done any game stuff for myself before.

Deozaan:
It should be noted that the $99 price point is only temporary, but how long the "sale" lasts and what the price will be afterward are still unknown.

@Everyone, the "limited time" language is sort of up to you. We want to see how the community reacts to such a low price. We would like it to stay around for a while since we think that the price ( or some number near it) is really beneficial for our community. We're in this together ;)-http://www.garagegames.com/community/blogs/view/20775/6#comment-171468
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
Wow. Very interesting. And dirt cheap! I'm very tempted just to buy a license to play with~! :P

All the money I make from the gaming industry is from other people's games. Never done any game stuff for myself before.
-Renegade (January 20, 2011, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm thinking about it too :)  If I didn't already have a hobby project, I probably would now... but I'll wait until I have time to play with it.  But it's very interesting- especially looking at the games made with it.  Thanks!  :Thmbsup:

It should be noted that the $99 price point is only temporary, but how long the "sale" lasts and what the price will be afterward are still unknown.

@Everyone, the "limited time" language is sort of up to you. We want to see how the community reacts to such a low price. We would like it to stay around for a while since we think that the price ( or some number near it) is really beneficial for our community. We're in this together ;)-http://www.garagegames.com/community/blogs/view/20775/6#comment-171468
--- End quote ---
-Deozaan (January 20, 2011, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for posting this clarification.  So now I *really* have to think about it.

Renegade:

-Renegade (January 20, 2011, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm thinking about it too :)  If I didn't already have a hobby project, I probably would now... but I'll wait until I have time to play with it.  But it's very interesting- especially looking at the games made with it.  Thanks!  :Thmbsup:

--- End quote ---
-Deozaan (January 20, 2011, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for posting this clarification.  So now I *really* have to think about it.
-wraith808 (January 20, 2011, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Grrr...  >:(

Just when I thought I could put this off for a bit... Hmmm... Looks like I need to s*** or get off the pot...

Well, if I can use C# (easily), I'll buy. Need to figure that one out...

Off to let my ADHD make me slightly less productive for the next 30 minutes while I fart around and contemplate whether I wasted 30 minutes or should have just fallen off my wallet 30 minutes ago and bought a license... I'm babbling now... Time to goof-off for a bit before getting back to work... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version