ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sony v. Hotz: Sony Sends a Dangerous Message to Researchers -- and Its Customers

<< < (4/6) > >>

nudone:
May as well start planning to become a criminal mastermind, it seems everyone (here) in the UK is automatically a criminal by default - no point being a petty criminal. think big.

Renegade:
May as well start planning to become a criminal mastermind, it seems everyone (here) in the UK is automatically a criminal by default - no point being a petty criminal. think big.
-nudone (January 26, 2011, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Grrr... I hate it, but you're pretty much right.

The thing is, good people that haven't done anything "wrong" are criminals! HUH? WTF!?!

I have a problem with doing things that hurt other people and things that I find morally or ethically repugnant. But I don't really have a problem with breaking the law. I just have no respect for the law at all anymore. I've lost it. None. Zero. It's a bunch of crap.

I don't steal from people because it's wrong -- not because there's a law.

I don't speed like a demon -- not because it's against the law, but because it's simply dangerous.

I don't do certain kinds of business because I find them morally/ethically repugnant, but they are still legal...

Sigh...

Making criminals out of good people isn't what a benevolent state does -- it's what an evil state does.

I think I want to go bury my head in the sand...

nudone:
I know what you mean.

But rather than bury my head in the sand, I bury my head in the computer. If you keep away from anything that will scare you about the real world it's the best distraction there is.

My computer is my own little perfect world (almost). And I'm lazy and timid enough to just keep my focus on that. When the rioters reach my door then I'll be forced to go and join them. (Hopefully they won't cut off my power supply and broadband before that.)

Carol Haynes:
ah bless - so naive ...  :-*

Eóin:
Damn : Court orders seizure of PS3 hacker's computers.

Still it's early days yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version