ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Unlocker punishes you for not installing toolbar.

<< < (8/11) > >>

tomos:
Still no updates on Lockhunter since April 2009

So... how beta/stable is LockHunter? They do at least have a x64 version I see (Yeah!).
-Stoic Joker (January 22, 2011, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably too soon for me to say (I just installed 64 bit version today on win7) - but it has already worked successfully for me anyways ;-)

Stoic Joker:
Still no updates on Lockhunter since April 2009

So... how beta/stable is LockHunter? They do at least have a x64 version I see (Yeah!).
-Stoic Joker (January 22, 2011, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably too soon for me to say (I just installed 64 bit version today on win7) - but it has already worked successfully for me anyways ;-)
-tomos (July 29, 2011, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hay one out of one is as good a place to start as any. At the rate I'm going I might actually get one or the other installed by next January.

IainB:
I must have missed this punishment, as I do not recall it ever being a problem, and I have used Unlocker for ages.
There had been a longstanding and recurring problem with a Yabector "eBay trojan/worm" in the install file though - as MS Security Essentials used to call it.
But it all seems to have been cleaned up for my last version: Unlocker1.9.1-x64.exe
A very useful proggy, IMHO.

Deozaan:
I must have missed this punishment, as I do not recall it ever being a problem, and I have used Unlocker for ages.
[snip]
But it all seems to have been cleaned up for my last version: Unlocker1.9.1-x64.exe
-IainB (July 30, 2011, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure where in the world you are, but according to scancode, it only "punishes" you if you live in USA or GBR.

Update: after a little REing, I found it uses GetLocaleInfoA to detect if you're in GBR or USA and if so installs the bing bar, doing a 30 sec countdown with the delay.dll NSIS plugin, if not, just offers QuickStores with no delay whatsoever.

Grr.
-scancode (January 19, 2011, 09:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or you may be right, and the software author may have removed the punishment in the latest version.

IainB:
@Deozaan: OIC. Well then, I live in Australasia, so I guess that's why I never saw it on the install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version