ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Unlocker punishes you for not installing toolbar.

(1/11) > >>

Deozaan:
I recently was having trouble renaming a file because Windows said it was in use when it wasn't, so I downloaded Unlocker which I've used before and has been recommended multiple times here on DC.

The installer asked me if I wanted to download the Bing toolbar, and when I unchecked the box it disabled the "next" button and started a 30 second countdown timer before it would let me continue the installation. :o :huh:

I cancelled the installation and used LockHunter instead. :Thmbsup:

scancode:

It didn't for me :( I've always wanted to be punished by a software application! :'(

timns:
It didn't for me :( I've always wanted to be punished by a software application! :'(
-scancode (January 19, 2011, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now there's gotta be an idea for a new NANY app in THAT comment!

Eóin:
Yeah, perhaps a bit cynical.

But also come on, developer makes an app in his free time and includes the bing toolbar in the hopes of getting some revenue. Then you get angry when he asks you to wait 30 seconds after opting not to support him. There is a definite hint of the "entitled" generation here >:(

mouser:
yeah i have to say, i think having to wait 30 seconds doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing.  it's a bit similar to the DC approach to license keys.  i do not like these bundled toolbars and wouldn't include them with my apps, but i can imagine putting a 30second delay in an installer for non-donators and asking people to consider donating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version