topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 7:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Unlocker punishes you for not installing toolbar.  (Read 34083 times)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Unlocker punishes you for not installing toolbar.
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Yeah... DC automagically puts the decorations on links to wikipedia (also explains the 'w' at the end), but I don't think most people know that...
So DC automagically breaks all Wikipedia links? Shouldn't that be fixed?

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Yeah... DC automagically puts the decorations on links to wikipedia (also explains the 'w' at the end), but I don't think most people know that...
So DC automagically breaks all Wikipedia links? Shouldn't that be fixed?

Or am I misunderstanding something?

The proper way to link to a wikipedia page is to put only the article name between the tags. e.g. for the Smurfs wiki page ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smurfs ), simply do <wiki>Smurfs</wiki> (but of course you need to use the square brackets) which gives you this: Smurfsw.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Back to Unlocker,

IObit Unlocker.

Raymond tells:

IObit Unlocker the Solution for Today’s Unable to Delete File Problem

The Unlocker by Cedrick ‘NITCH’ Collomb used to be one of my must have software on my computer (...) However recently I found that The Unlocker is not as up to date with the current Windows operating system. Don’t get me wrong, The Unlocker still works but it requires a reboot to delete a file that cannot be deleted instantly which is a waste of time.

Recently IObit has released an unlocker software called IObit Unlocker which seems to do the same thing as The Unlocker, but it is definitely smarter and coded to work with the latest Windows 7. Most of the time there are two ways to use these file unlocking software. You can either right click on the locked file and select the software from the context menu, or drag and drop the locked files to the software.

Here is a simple test why I say IObit Unlocker is better than The Unlocker or even FileASSASSIN... read more: http://www.raymond.c...delete-file-problem/

http://www.iobit.com/iobit-unlocker.html Version 1.0 from 2011-08-26
Freeware.

ATTENTION:

2011-09-01_001147.gif

2011-09-01_001218.gif

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:52 PM by Curt »

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Hmmm...as I recall, Iobit was accused a year or so ago of stealing Malwarebytes' intellectual property.  The evidence was pretty strong.  I decided then that I would have nothing more to do with Iobit. 

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 02:32 AM »
Probably there are still people that will stay away from IObit’s software due to a previous issue with Malwarebytes because of their principles, but I personally won’t push away a good software. If it is good, I’ll publish it on my blog and use it on my computer. If it is bad, you probably won’t even read it from here…
-Raymond