topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: BADGE IDEA: special badges for helpful individuals  (Read 5537 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
BADGE IDEA: special badges for helpful individuals
« on: January 31, 2011, 03:53 PM »
Mouser, I think I have a pretty cool badge idea.  A lot of people come here asking questions and searching for answers.  Often times, one of our very knowledgeable members gives a great solution to the problem in question.  I think these people need a special badge for doing that.  Now, i've been following the NANY badge discussion, and I have a couple of ideas:

1) I like the concept of the badge counting the number of entries (or "helps" in this case).  So it would be really cool if there was a count on the badge for the number of times someone has provided a good solution for the individual asking.

2) The badge could be very simple.  Like just a bright background color with a number inside.

COuld something like this be possible?  i think it would be pretty fun.  it can mimic what the DC credits were supposed to do, which is acknowledge those users who have helped each other.

Good?
kind of like the superboy badge, but more general...

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: BADGE IDEA: special badges for helpful individuals
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:55 PM »
Wouldnt a "Props" or "Thanks" system be easier for mouser to implement, it means he wouldnt have to spend his life adding badges to profiles, users can just thank the helpful person themselves :P

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 03:56 PM »
Wouldnt a "Props" or "Thanks" system be easier for mouser to implement, it means he wouldnt have to spend his life adding badges to profiles, users can just thank the helpful person themselves :P
Yes, that's nice also.  Sure, I don't want to make work for mouser if it's not something he's going to enjoy.  It just seems to me that people get a kick out of the badges here.  But a thanks system works the same way, so that's equally cool.  I'll accept it! :up:

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:57 PM »
1) I like the concept of the badge counting the number of entries (or "helps" in this case).  So it would be really cool if there was a count on the badge for the number of times someone has provided a good solution for the individual asking.

You mean we can build up Kudo's here :-* That's nice, but I'd be expecting some folks to get way bigger numbers there than would fit in the standard badge icons we currently have :tellme:

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 03:58 PM »
1) I like the concept of the badge counting the number of entries (or "helps" in this case).  So it would be really cool if there was a count on the badge for the number of times someone has provided a good solution for the individual asking.

You mean we can build up Kudo's here :-* That's nice, but I'd be expecting some folks to get way bigger numbers there than would fit in the standard badge icons we currently have :tellme:
Good, they deserve it.  We have amazing people here.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 04:00 PM »
If it's just a number, then it would fit nicely next to the "Posts:" number, and it would probably in green or gold color.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 04:25 PM »
If it's just a number, then it would fit nicely next to the "Posts:" number, and it would probably in green or gold color.
that's probably a good idea.  Hopefully, a forum mod like this has already been done, so mouser could just copy it.  i know I've seen it on other forums.  I just don't remember what type of engines those forums used.