ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Forum Themes

<< < (3/4) > >>

4wd:
You haven't got something for the CODE boxes have you?

They're still glaringly white - like a smack in the face when you're sitting up in the night :P

superboyac:
not feasible since ive super customized the a dc theme and everything would break if users switched away from it (donationcredits, etc).
-mouser (January 18, 2011, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Man, whatever you've done is the best I've ever seen.  I swear to you, I love the people here, but I think the forum design is 80% of the reason why I have stuck around for so long.  I often point people towards this forum when I complain about the design on other forums.  Especially the searching.  I mention that specifically because other forums will get super snarky about "did you search before you posted?!", and my response is like, "If I search it's going to take me forever to find anything, and I'm not going to find it, and I'm just going to come back and ask you the same thing.  Make your search easier to use and then maybe people will search first."

On this one forum, they had a pretty good search, but it got bogged down when there were a lot of users, so they replaced it with a single field search that returns you the awful google results.  Basically, it just adds a prefix to the search to limit google results to the forum.  Horrible change.  it made the search function pretty much useless, in my opinion.  But it's there and it works...I suppose.  Depends what you mean by it "works".  If it means you can type something and results are shown, yes, it works.  If you mean it facilitates finding information in a helpful manner, no, it does not work.

phitsc:
Thanks Winkie. Bloody excellent! Now I can start playing around with colours :D

mouser:
DC member Wordzilla is to be thanked for the awesome zillarank search that he custom coded for us -- it's a big step up from the built-in smf search.  and of course we have each other to thank for donating enough for us to run on a powerful server which is capable of performing fast full text searches on a big database.

Winkie:
You haven't got something for the CODE boxes have you?
-4wd (January 19, 2011, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Insert above the last curly bracket:

--- Code: CSS ---/* Code (and other preformatted text?) */pre {  background-color: cornsilk !important;}
Untested, meaning: it does work for code boxes, but it may affect other areas too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version