ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

LibreOffice UI Mockups (with sidebar)

<< < (6/8) > >>

InstantFundas:
I just thought I'd chime in and say that I did assume they were official mockups because I don't follow LibreOffice close enough to know that documentfoundation.org is the official developer and I didn't think it would be unusual for another website (Web Upd8, which I've never heard of before) to post news about (official) mockups.

It's not uncommon for news blogs to get (sometimes exclusive) screens or information from official sources and report on it. I assumed this was the case with these mockups.

Although if I had bothered to click through to the article and read it, it does make it clear that these are not official. So my ignorance is mostly my own fault. :D

Since these are just fan-made images I do agree that it changes the discussion somewhat, from "Oh, look what they're considering" to "Oh, look what someone who doesn't necessarily have any influence on the decision thinks they should consider."
-Deozaan (January 24, 2011, 09:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah! At least someone agrees with me. :)

zridling:
Ubuntu follows openSUSE, Redhat, and Fedora in announcing that the distro will use LibreOffice from now on. Woohoo!  :D
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/ubuntu-opts-for-libreoffice-over-oracles-openoffice/8122

Deozaan:
Nice! I was wondering when they'd start including it in the distros.  :)

40hz:
Yes. Very good. Especially in the wake of Microsoft, IBM, and the usual  crowd predictably announcing their continued support for Oo and Oracle. And so far, with absolutely no anckowledgement on their part of LibreOffice or the Document Foundation's existence.

They must be Zork fans; "If you can't see the Grue, it can't eat you"  :P

zridling:

v.3.3_Stable released yesterday morning and can be downloaded here.
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2011/01/the-document-foundation-announces-first-release-of-libreoffice.ars

TDF got off to a good start and has attracted a lot of enthusiasm from former OOo contributors; Google, Red Hat, Canonical, and Novell are among its corporate supporters. The development effort so far has been reasonably productive. Contributors have been able to enhance LibreOffice with features that Sun had resisted accepting upstream, including parts of Novell's popular Go-OOo patch set. The LibreOffice developers have also incorporated significant improvements taken from the OpenOffice.org 3.3. The new features included in LibreOffice 3.3 improve the office suite's feature set, usability, and interoperability with other formats. For example, it has improved support for importing documents from Lotus Word Pro and Microsoft Works. Another key new feature is the ability to import SVG content and edit SVG images in LibreOffice Draw. Navigation features in Writer have been improved, the thesaurus got an overhaul, and the dialogs for printing and managing title pages got major updates. LibreOffice Calc touts better Excel interoperability and faster Excel file importing. The maximum size of a Calc spreadsheet has increased to 1 million rows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version