ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I need advice: which laptop to buy?

<< < (4/7) > >>

f0dder:
SSD is not that big a benefit IMHO, and not worth the cost.-JavaJones (January 17, 2011, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Have you ever used a decent SSD?

I've found that I don't notice the benefits of my SSD so much anymore... but I definitely notice whenever I'm on a machine with a harddrive. Spoil-factor :)

JavaJones:
Truth be told no, I have not used a newer, good SSD. But I do know how much they cost and their data storage restrictions, and I just don't personally find it worthwhile at this point. Of course it's worthwhile for some, and could be a replacement for or addition to the built-in drive on the Lenovo as well, if desired.

- Oshyan

Renegade:
So, any leanings so far? Figured out a few options that are looking good?

brotherS:
Wow, thanks for all your feedback!

@tomos: long time no type! :-) I read that thread, but what exactly do you mean regarding the CPU? That's it's a reasonable choice?

@JavaJones: thanks, but the Lenovo Ideapad Y560 series seems to only come with a "glare" display, not "matte". (Btw, I agree, I find a touch pad that's not centered irritating too.)

Based on your feedback I'll might decide against SSD for now and get loads of RAM instead... not sure about this yet though.

tomos:
@tomos: long time no type! :-) I read that thread, but what exactly do you mean regarding the CPU? That's it's a reasonable choice?
-brotherS (January 18, 2011, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

that bit was not so important :)  
basically:
of the two versions of the laptop I was looking at, JavaJones noted that "the higher-numbered CPU might actually be lower performance"

_______

It's seems quite difficult to get matte screens...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version