ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

Somehow, I broke Gridmove...

(1/6) > >>

korbitz:
First off, let me tell you how much I like Gridmove. I installed it over a year ago and it quickly became one of my most-used utilities.

Well, my computer blew up and I had to do a reinstall of xp32. Installed xp, brought it up to sp3, and then installed gridmove through a ninite package.

It was working fine, although the grid number assignments changed. (my most used was the 3-part reverse. It used to be 1,2,3 for small top right, small bottom right and big left. After reinstall it was 1 - unidentified, 2-top right 3-bottom right and 4 - big left.)

Regardless, when browsing the templates I clicked on "xrundemo" and Gridmove froze. kill the process and restart, still frozen. Reboot computer, frozen on start. uninstall/reinstall from donationcoder.com, still frozen on start. Uninstall, delete files from c:\Program Files/Gridmove and search and remove "gridmove" in registry, run ccleaner registry scanner, reboot, reinstall and it's frozen on start.

If anyone could offer me any advice or procedure I would be immensely grateful!

jgpaiva:
Hi!

I am not sure why it's freezing, but it's related to the xrundemo, that's for sure. It is freezing when it starts because it atempts to load the gridmove.ini config. You can find it in C:\Documents and Settings \<YOUR USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\GridMove\GridMove.ini. After you delete it, all should be back to normal ;)

korbitz:
That might have been a solution before I had uninstalled it, but now after reinstalling no Gridmove folder is created in the application data directory, and gridmove is frozen.

However I did find GridMove.exe.ini under C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\DonationCoder\GridMove and it was dated a few days ago.

I crashed GridMove, renamed the ini file and restarted GridMove and everything looks good! No, wait it doesn't. I get the first time message, and the underlying Gridmove window with the about/help tabs is immediately unresponsive. The ini file is recreated.

I looked at the ini file and saw a debug line, changed it to 1 and restarted gridmove. There was a tray balloon saying "reading the grid file" and then it was unresponsive again.

So I renamed all the grids in the grids folder, crashed and restarted gridmove and got a new error "errorcode:001" which is good. Or not. Gridmove is unresponsive again.

Any Ideas?

jgpaiva:
The error means it didn't find the grids, which is expected since you deleted them.
Does GridMove become unresponsive after you press OK on that dialog?

Can you pease try this:
1 - uninstall gridmove
2 - remove the whole folder in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\DonationCoder\GridMove
3 - install GridMove again

what happens? which grid does it attempt to load when you start it for the first time? does it create the folder in appdata? is there a GridMove.ini in that folder? what's the grid selected in GridMove.ini?

korbitz:
Yes, as soon as I click on OK on the error message Gridmove is unresponsive. The help/about window is still open.

Ok, I:
-uninstalled gridmove
-Removed
   -C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\DonationCoder\GridMove\GridMove.exe.ini and two folders above
   -C:\Program Files\GridMove\Grids (as I had renamed the grids) and folder
   -C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DonationCoder\DcUpdater\RedirectFiles
   -C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\GRIDMOVE.EXE-144EAFD5.pf
-searched for "gridmove" and "donationcoder", and deleted, emptied temp folders and recycle bin.
-searched registry for "gridmove" and "donationcoder"

So now my system is pretty clean - I can't think of anything else to delete.

I downloaded the setup from donationcoder again and ran it. Got the first time message aaaannnnd... frozen. Crap.

The ini file is recreated and looking in the ini file I've got:
Spoiler[GridSettings]
GridName=Grids/3-part.grid
GridOrder=2 Part-Vertical,3-Part,EdgeGrid,Dual-Screen
[InterfaceSettings]
LButtonDrag=1
MButtonDrag=1
EdgeDrag=1
MButtonTimeout=0.3
Transparency=200
[OtherSettings]
EdgeTime=500
ShowGroupsFlag=1
ShowNumbersFlag=1
TitleSize=100
DisableTitleButtonsDetection=0
[ProgramSettings]
UseCommand=1
CommandHotkey=#g
UseFastMove=1
FastMoveModifiers=#
FastMoveMeta=
SafeMode=1
TitleLeft=28
Exceptions=QuarkXPress,Winamp v1.x,Winamp PE,Winamp Gen,Winamp EQ,Shell_TrayWnd,32768,Progman,DV2ControlHost
SequentialMove=0
DebugMode=0
[IniSettings]
iniversion=0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version