ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Forum / Thread Etiquette

<< < (3/7) > >>

Darwin:
Long time members are expected to embrace the calming zen spirit of Cody the Bird.
-mouser (January 15, 2011, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
So… you're saying, um, what…  give people the bird?
-cranioscopical (January 15, 2011, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Overall, I'd say that DC is remarkably civil when you consider the size of the membership here (even if only 1% of all members participate in the forum there would be over 2000 unique personalities and worldviews here). I still say "bravo" to the whole community - fantastic, civil place to hang out  :Thmbsup:

Darwin:
BTW, one of my all time favourite smileys:

Edvard:
If I had a dime for every time I completely re-wrote much of my post, sometimes post- um... post.  :huh:

Also, if I had 17 cents for every time I wrote a response and then DIDN'T post because I either (A) figured out halfway through that I wasn't going to come across like I wanted to, (B) what I was writing was not going to further the topic, or (C) my snark gland was particularly over-active that day and I had the good sense to just skip it...  :P
That said, some days I feel great need to express some righteous 'geek rage' and I'm just grateful that the people and atmosphere here are as resilient as they are convivial.

I think much of the general tone of this place can be traced back to when this site was young; Mouser's presence and tact kind of set a mood to the forum that serendipitiously continued as like-minded and -tempered individuals showed up looking for a place to hang out.

Thanks Mouser, nice place you got here!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

rjbull:
To save myself from further exasperating situations, leading to my own embarrassment, I'd like to see a twit feature, if the forum doesn't have one already.  Please?

wraith808:
What's a twit feature?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version