ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Problems with attaching an attachment to a post...

(1/4) > >>

Winkie:
Hi folks,

Anyone else having problems attaching a file to a post?
This file won't attach: TransparentMove.zip
EDIT: removed link, it's now attached, but not without problems, see below

Tried a couple of times with:
Firefox 3.6.13
Pale Moon 3.6.13 (clean profile)
IE7
Opera 11

Results:

Does anyone know a solution?

KynloStephen66515:
Problems with attaching an attachment to a post...

Try uploading a different file, see if you have the same problems, doesnt seem like a server error.

Winkie:
OK, did some testing. The results:

First, I did manage to attach the above file to the post.

But attaching files larger than about 100 kB doesn't always work for me in one go.
If* I encounter the above error and go back to the post (not in editing mode) and then click modify again and attach the file than it does work.

* 9 out of 10 trying to attach a file for the first time.

40hz:
Happens to me regularly since the server switchover.

It may be related to image dimensions on the initial post. Once any dimension gets up over 600 the problem starts cropping up for me. It also doesn't seem to like PNG format if you want to display the image as a thumbnail.

So for now, I try to stick to GIF or JPG and watch the dimensions. That and try again when it happens.

Luck! :)

4wd:
But attaching files larger than about 100 kB doesn't always work for me in one go.
If* I encounter the above error and go back to the post (not in editing mode) and then click modify again and attach the file than it does work.

* 9 out of 10 trying to attach a file for the first time.
-Winkie (January 15, 2011, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is the same problem I was having with the site even before the server switch, anything over approx. 100k whether in one or multiple attachments - my solution was simple.

Switch to HTTPS - problem solved.

As I mentioned back here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version