ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Insert Anywhere Date and Time utility

<< < (2/6) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Inserts today's date when you type 'dt'
 (see attachment in previous post)
Inserts the date in a format you can control when you type 'dt1'
I can add AM/PM tokens or whatever else you'd like, if you find this program useful for what you want to do. Just let me know.
-timns (January 14, 2011, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah!  So it runs in the background and intercepts keystroke aliases to convert the text on the fly?  Am I on track here?

timns:
Ah!  So it runs in the background and intercepts keystroke aliases to convert the text on the fly?  Am I on track here?

-CodeTRUCKER (January 14, 2011, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes indeed senor. So I'd like to think it may have quite a lot of uses. There are a lot of other programs similar to this out in the wild, but I am not aware of another one that can do things like the date/time replacement, or on-the-fly calculatons...

CodeTRUCKER:
FMI - How did you get the "(3109.2 KB - downloaded 445 times.)" appended to your download link?
-CodeTRUCKER (January 14, 2011, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have no idea! I thought it was some standard feature of the board  :huh:
-timns (January 14, 2011, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... I've never noticed before.

@Mouser - Can you (or someone?) help with this?  TIA!

CodeTRUCKER:

-CodeTRUCKER (January 14, 2011, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes indeed senor. So I'd like to think it may have quite a lot of uses. There are a lot of other programs similar to this out in the wild, but I am not aware of another one that can do things like the date/time replacement, or on-the-fly calculatons...

-timns (January 14, 2011, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds great!  Give me some testing time and I'll report back here.

Thanks for the replies!
Calvin

CodeTRUCKER:
Inserts today's date when you type 'dt'
Inserts the date in a format you can control when you type 'dt1'
I can add AM/PM tokens or whatever else you'd like, if you find this program useful for what you want to do. Just let me know.
-timns (January 14, 2011, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice!  I can already see the potential!  If you can create the following format...

"Nov 15, 2010 02:43 PM"

...it would be great, perfect. :Thmbsup: I have to have this format to match existing conventions in my work.

Thanks!
Calvin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version