topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gizmo Puts Out The Call For Freeware Reviewers  (Read 4469 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Gizmo Puts Out The Call For Freeware Reviewers
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:07 AM »
Most of you here know and love Gizmo's Freeware site (TechSupportAlertNews), one of the best freeware sites out there.

Screenshot - 1_14_2011 , 8_07_12 AM_thumb.png

Gizmo has been a *great* friend to DC, and many of our forum members even discovered us from reading about something on that site!

Well Gizmo's is a completely volunteer community, and I've received word from Gizmo that they are having a little trouble at the moment recruiting enough volunteers to keep the site going. What they need is more people to manage review sections.

Since we have some serious software reviewer types here on DC, Gizmo asked if I would help him put out the call on DC for anyone who might be willing to help them do reviews and be section editors.

Gizmo says:
There are a lot of different software categories than need editors at the moment but these are the one of greatest need:
  • Best Free Adware-Spyware-Scumware Remover
  • Best Free Disk De-fragmenter
  • Best Free Program Un-installer
  • Best Free Drive Imaging Program
  • Best Free Portable Apps
And if none of these interest you then you can see a full list here: http://www.techsuppo...lert.com/unallocated

You can help by selecting a category to review and then letting them know here: http://www.techsuppo...ecome-a-reviewer.htm

According to Gizmo you should allow about two hours a month as a volunteer reviewer.

Gizmo is one of those those treasures of the web -- if you've been itching to get more serious about doing reviews, this would be a great thing to try -- and you could share your reviews with us too, so everybody benefits.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:08 AM by mouser »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Gizmo Puts Out The Call For Freeware Reviewers
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:11 AM »
FWIW  I filled out the volunteer 'form' on their website some time ago. I have yet to receive any response. They do say it might take a few days to get back to you. But it's been a lot longer than a few days now.

Doesn't give me warm fuzzes about offering my time... :huh: