ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: tiny right-click shell extension for Sysinternals' Contig (defrag)

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Hi!

Could anyone please code something so I could use http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Contig.html by simply right-clicking a file and choosing "Defrag with Contig" from the context menu?

Right-now I'm using the Power Defragmenter GUI for Contig but would like a faster approach to defrag single files.

jgpaiva:
I don't know how to do shell extensions, but i think you could do that with the "send to" right-click menu, it's very easy, and would spare the anoyance of having yet another item on the right-click menu that you'll use rarely (IMO).

brotherS:
Hmm, "send to" pops up a list of lots of folders and files here, I thought my suggestion would be a cleaner solution. I don't mind having one more item in there, but if you have an easy "send to" solution, I'm willing to test that too.

jgpaiva:
Creating a "send to" menu item is trival, you just go to "%documents and settings%/%user%/send to", and create a shortcut there for the executable.
Then, you edit that shotcut's properties, and add the parameters to the "destiny" field.
That should make it ;)

brotherS:
Thanks, sounds easy :)

Edit: I killed and restarted Explorer.exe, but I seem to reboot Windows to activate that change to "send it" :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version