ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Skwire's DC member site marked as suspicious

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
thanks for the link -- i reported a suggestion to fix the rating as well  :up:

wraith808:
Thanks for the link!  As my IS department sort of looks the other way in regards to my highly customized desktop (note - make friends with the IS people first at any new job!), I wasn't going to e-mail them about the link, but wanted to do something... this helps loads!  :Thmbsup:

Bamse:
Should be fixed now.

skwire:
Thanks, everybody.   :)

J-Mac:
wraith,

I don’t know what your company considers "off-limits" but I know that engineering companies I have worked for didn't want employees on the Internet for anything that couldn't be related to their work. In that business everything is client-driven and client reps are often in the building nosing around. If they are being billed for an engineer's time (by the hour of course!) and see them on the web doing something definitely not related to their business there would be a big stink. That was the single biggest reason sites were banned, rather than any real perceived "danger".

....BARRED UNDER COMPANY POLICY ON USAGE OF THE INTERNET, OR TO PREVENT EXCESSIVE DEMAND CONFLICTING WITH CORE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like they might be after breaches in company policy rather than malware.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version