ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Skwire's DC member site marked as suspicious

(1/5) > >>

wraith808:
I'm not sure what filtering software we use at work, but it's been here for a while, and I just saw something that I hadn't seen before:

THIS SITE HAS BEEN BARRED UNDER COMPANY POLICY ON USAGE OF THE INTERNET, OR TO PREVENT EXCESSIVE DEMAND CONFLICTING WITH CORE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES.

Internet Usage is Monitored.
Your IP address: <Redacted>
The URL is: skwire.dcmembers.com
The category of this URL is: Suspicious
If you feel the site is being inappropriately blocked, please submit helpdesk ticket by clicking on email link below.

I'm sure its because of false positives... just wanted to let you know.  Even though false positives are reported to the virus agencies, and you can ignore them, there are other ramifications that haven't been considered (at least by me).

Ath:
You must have been leaching that site way too much :P

mouser:
what the hell!?!?!

Bamse:
That would be Bluecoat which I also use, K9 is popular name http://forums.bluecoat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7577&p=24651 I just googled msg.

Suspicious category:
Sites considered to have suspicious content and/or intent. This categorization is determined by analysis of web reputation factors. If a site is determined to be clearly malicious or benign, it will be placed in a different category.

Bamse:
When I tell K9 to block all categories including "Suspicious" I still have access so either they fixed FP or K9 have different protection schemes for their business products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version