ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

AddressBook Utility

<< < (2/3) > >>

LuckMan212:
well I've used PhoneDeck for several years and find that it does what I need.  I suppose that the built in addressbook in Outlook would be a better replacement but I've been too lazy to export/clean up/import that data so PhoneDeck has remained on my HD.

vegas:
I too have used PhoneDeck for the last 4 years or so.  It's been a great piece and easy to use, but I am in the process of porting all that data into a tabbed excel spreadsheet (given that all tranglos software development is over), until i find what I am looking for.  :(

LuckMan212:
this is slightly Off-Topic but does anyone remember the BeOS?  I remember seeing a demo of it at the MacWorld expo maybe 11-12 years ago. One feature that stuck out in my mind was they had a pervasive Address Book built right into the OS itself.  You could enter an address once into this address book and then call it up from ANYWHERE in ANY app and use the information.  It was very cool and still somewhat amazing to me that Microsoft has still not implemented something like this.  Microsoft's "Address Book" app that is linked basically only to Outlook Express still pales in comparison.  :(

superboyac:
I don't remember BeOS, but it sounds cool, having it integrated into everything like that.

As far as Phonedeck, a few years ago, i thought that was the answer to my addressbook search, but now it's just too old to be of much use.

Edvard:
Ah, yes, BeOS was great. It still lives on in a few different forms, I'll post a thread in General Software...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version