ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

January 2011 Giveaway - Winners Posted

<< < (6/17) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Personally I think that if the giveaways were meant for NANY entrants
-worstje (January 14, 2011, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

No... the give-away is part of the New Year Software Celebration: not restricted to NANY at all, but because they were given specifically for NANY Volunteers we were thinking of a slight bias in their favour. But my understanding is that the selection algorithm still strives for "total happiness" of all participants.

but more variety in the prize pool would be very nice as well. Mugs are awesome, and I will love my NANY mug to a porcelain death
-worstje (January 14, 2011, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it would be wrong to think of the give-away in terms of a prize pool for NANY entrants: that is what the mug is for (or other DC Shop merchandise). The give-away was a happy occurrence that we hadn't actually planned on...

worstje:
It's a good thing I used an if in that sentence then. Means I don't have to make my post have most of its contents magically disappear on us. ;)

Perry Mowbray:
It's a good thing I used an if in that sentence then. Means I don't have to make my post have most of its contents magically disappear on us. ;)
-worstje (January 14, 2011, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, no... it's all good: this thing is bound to evolve further and good discussion is what helps that... who knows what will happen next this year?

CodeTRUCKER:
There is a way.....

If a 'humble' non programmer (such as myself) won, they could 'give' the programme to a NANY participant!  :Thmbsup:
-CleverCat (January 13, 2011, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

My only concern is if CleverCat won, what algorithm would have to be implemented to bias the "giving?"   ;)  

Perry Mowbray:
If a 'humble' non programmer (such as myself) won, they could 'give' the programme to a NANY participant!  :Thmbsup:
-CleverCat (January 13, 2011, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could also use the application to create ancillary content for NANY (and other) applications... it's sort of what happens here on DC anyway: but that was the idea behind the give-away in the first place. I think it ran into a timing issue, so what will probably happen is that this year's winners will probably be next year's volunteers  :) ...and that sounds ok to me  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version