ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

January 2011 Giveaway - Winners Posted

<< < (3/17) > >>

worstje:
Take a look at this... Dr.Explain Mini-Review  by tinjaw.
-CodeTRUCKER (January 13, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

That'll teach me not to search the DoCo forums. Looks a bit old, but hey, I haven't got too big and important needs anyhow, so old features should be fine.

We are using Help & Manual in our company, after being with Robohelp for many years until they sort of 'gave up' (we also did).
H&M was chosen after a thorough selection procedure over several other packages because of robustness, usability and support-options, features that Robohelp didn't (properly) have.
I'm not one of the guys working with this tool, but you can give it to anyone that's a bit of a writer and at least computer-literate, and get very nice result from it.
-Ath (January 13, 2011, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

You don't happen to know any specific arguments that took you to H&M or away from other tools, do you?

CodeTRUCKER:
You don't happen to know any specific arguments that took you to H&M or away from other tools, do you?
-worstje (January 13, 2011, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Grrrreat! question!  :Thmbsup:

Ath:
...Looks a bit old, but hey, I haven't got too big and important needs anyhow,...
--- End quote ---
If you look at HelpScribble, you'll notice it's also not very modern, but since XP, Vista and 7, all stuff created/screenshot'ed in the Windows 98/2000 era looks archaic...
The last time HS was updated was September 2010, so it's still 'alive', but the history shows that it's a 'slow mover' these days.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't involved in the selection process, so I don't know what or why, but I'll ask around, somebody should know :P

fenixproductions:
@worstje
I can only advise not to go for Axiallis. I had got Pro licence not so long ago and felt regret quickly.

mouser:
I can only advise not to go for Axiallis.
--- End quote ---

Weird.  I love axialis icon workshop -- really excellent product if you ask me.

DC member HamRadio actually did a review/comparison of it a while ago, see: https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/IconTools/index.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version