ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

January 2011 Giveaway - Winners Posted

<< < (2/17) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Consider this...  Optimizing for NANY entrants is in effect penalizing those that did not enter which is somewhat contrary to the philosophy(?) of the site, isn't it?  :huh:-CodeTRUCKER (January 13, 2011, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Difficult, isn't it?  I'm not a coder, or a digital artist, so most of those apps aren't any interest to me anyway.
-rjbull (January 13, 2011, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it applies to anyone that does not proactively "enter" the contest, so you're safe unless you entered the drawing.  :P

CodeTRUCKER:
i don't think so -- i think it's fair to have some bias towards people who have contributed to the site in important ways, and participating in nany is one of those ways.  actually my view was to have this january giveaway be exclusively for nany participants.. but i was overruled :)
-mouser (January 13, 2011, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

FYI - Don't get me wrong, as a NANY entrant, I would like to "optimize" my chances in the drawing!  Like Crush said, I could use almost all of them too, but having been on the other side of "optimizing" (not on DC) I'm aware of what other non-NANY members might feel, that's all.

<subliminal message to mouser>
"...optimize for CodeTRUCKER ...optimize for CodeTRUCKER ...optimize for CodeTRUCKER ..."

worstje:
So, is there anyone with experience with these various tools? If anyone here has experience with these tools, I think they'd be very useful to have listed .

For example, I've got my eye on the two documentation-related softwares, and while I intend to give them a shot and try them out... well, they're of the sort 'more features than you'd come across while testing' and tbh, I dislike documentation enough to want to avoid messing with both for a several hours to try and accomplish something and then go re-do it on the other one again. :)

Edit: As far as biasing goes, well of course I'd be biased on that topic. ;) Most of these tools do however seem to favor the creative side of things, so in that sense I think it might be appropriate to do a bit of light favoring of NANY participants. These giveaways are all things that are of use to people involved in NANY apps, and imo less so to the more general visitor using such applications.

Btw, mousie, I thought you already used that Camtasia license?

CodeTRUCKER:
... I dislike documentation enough to want to avoid messing with both for a several hours to try and accomplish something and then go re-do it on the other one again. :)
-worstje (January 13, 2011, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Take a look at this... Dr.Explain Mini-Review  by tinjaw.

Ath:
@worstje
We are using Help & Manual in our company, after being with Robohelp for many years until they sort of 'gave up' (we also did).
H&M was chosen after a thorough selection procedure over several other packages because of robustness, usability and support-options, features that Robohelp didn't (properly) have.
I'm not one of the guys working with this tool, but you can give it to anyone that's a bit of a writer and at least computer-literate, and get very nice result from it.

If you shouldn't win it here, and the price is a blocker; I've always been fond of HelpScribble (created by another Dutchman ;)), I bought when I ran my little software firm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version