ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

January 2011 Giveaway - Winners Posted

(1/17) > >>

mouser:
To celebrate NANY 2011, Perry Mowbray arranged some amazing giveaways this month (thanks to cthorpe also!).  The only thing i'm not sure about is to what extent we should bias the prize optimizer to favor nany programmer entrants..

This Month's Special Discounts and Giveaways:

* Axialis Icon Workshop Professional
* Dr. Explain Advanced
* Help & Manual Pro + Premium Pack
* Camtasia Studio 7
* BB Flashback Pro
* Sagelight Image Editor
Full members can enter the giveaway drawing here: https://www.donationcoder.com/Specials/freedrawing.php

CodeTRUCKER:
Ooo!  Nice!   8)

Hmmm...

...The only thing i'm not sure about is to what extent we should bias the prize optimizer to favor nany programmer entrants.

--- End quote ---

Consider this...  Optimizing for NANY entrants is in effect penalizing those that did not enter which is somewhat contrary to the philosophy(?) of the site, isn't it?  :huh:

Crush:
There are some really useful tools for me in there... I want to draw them all  :D

rjbull:
Consider this...  Optimizing for NANY entrants is in effect penalizing those that did not enter which is somewhat contrary to the philosophy(?) of the site, isn't it?  :huh:-CodeTRUCKER (January 13, 2011, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Difficult, isn't it?  I'm not a coder, or a digital artist, so most of those apps aren't any interest to me anyway.

mouser:
Optimizing for NANY entrants is in effect penalizing those that did not enter which is somewhat contrary to the philosophy(?) of the site, isn't it?
--- End quote ---

i don't think so -- i think it's fair to have some bias towards people who have contributed to the site in important ways, and participating in nany is one of those ways.  actually my view was to have this january giveaway be exclusively for nany participants.. but i was overuled :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version