ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

R.I.P. MySpace

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2011%2F01%2F11%2FBU591H7E1Q.DTL

MySpace Inc. said Tuesday that the company has fired 47 percent of its workforce - about 500 employees - as the deposed social-networking king continues trying to mount a comeback as an online entertainment hub.
--- End quote ---

Facebook has taken over. That was MySpace's second round of reductions.

f0dder:
Their own fault, MySpace always sucked majorly - horrible, horrible horrible design, for one.

nudone:
Completely. MySpace may have been a pioneer of social sites but it was positively prehistoric in terms of appearance and feel. It deserves to die for its ugliness alone.

MerleOne:
I would regret Myspace if it were to disappear, it has helped me discover several singers/artists that only released a CD 2 or years after some of their production was on Myspace (for instance Peppermoon).

TucknDar:
Their own fault, MySpace always sucked majorly - horrible, horrible horrible design, for one.
-f0dder (January 12, 2011, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Spot on! Couldn't stand the MySpace sites, looked like something GeoCities ditched ten years earlier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version