ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Z-Type - Type to shoot

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
id love to see some typing / wordgames games made by dc members -- i think the genre has lots of possibilities.

wr975:
Typing Shark is fun... nothing is better than "Typing of the Dead". It's a shame "Typing of the Dead 2" never got an English version. :(

Anyway,  Z-Type is also fun, but I can't press ESC to select a new aim. Also, with later levels it gets impossible, as there are several alien ships starting with the same letter and the engine isn't aiming for the closest enemy.

worstje:
Made it up to 031, then I got bored with it. It starting to type other words than I wanted gets really annoying, especially if the words it picks are also clipped by other words so I have to wait for it to become visible. :(

Were it not for those issues, I'd call it a pretty epic game.

Stoic Joker:
Still using IE8 here at the office...I click on the Ztype link above... And get:

To play this game you need a good Browser, like Opera, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.-the site
--- End quote ---

Um... I need a "good" browser like Safari?!? Good for what? sharing my Identity with people in the next universe? I wouldn't use that POS if the only alternative was  2 soup cans, 30' of kite string, a 6 year old phone book and a telegraph keypad.

Hopefully the site will run on IE9 ... If I can remember to try it when I get home. :(

Deozaan:
It runs a lot better for me now, but the audio still has problems. It crackles and plays a bit late, but at least the framerate is improved.

Still, got bored around level 20.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version