ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Timns Apps

Auspex

<< < (8/18) > >>

timns:
what do you want me to set up? you should be able to make threads sticky since you are mod of this section.
-mouser (January 16, 2011, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't seem to create any new threads at this level.

nudone:
I just have to mention this, with kudos to nudone for the suggestion.

He's talking about whether Auspex could be used to help folks who have to do a lot of HTML/XML tagging, by having replacements set up that automatically type the repetivitve bits.

Yes!

Not only that but you can have Auspex move the cursor to the right place in the string so you can carry on adding content between the tags without using the arrow keys.

One such example would be this:

htm*  could expand to  <html></html>  with the cursor automatically placed between the 2 tags. This is all available in the current release.

If the group would like me to, I can create a template set of replacements for this and similar stuff.
-timns (January 16, 2011, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

excellent. this is a big deal, i think...

having your own code completion functions that will follow you across any editor you care to use. i think that is amazing. (i know an autohotkey script could have done it - but i wouldn't know how, i'd have to spend all day figuring out how to move the cursor to start with.)

timns:
And this is how it should look.

So of course creating others for <div> <xml> <mycustomtag> etc. would be a piece of cake. Just adjust the cursor pos value to make sure the cursor ends up where you want it.

(I must get rid of this test medical dictionary. Every time I type 'pos' I get 'posterior')

movrshakr:
...(I must get rid of this test medical dictionary. Every time I type 'pos' I get 'posterior')
-timns (January 16, 2011, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that's funny! At least it wasn't 'piece of _____'

timns:
...(I must get rid of this test medical dictionary. Every time I type 'pos' I get 'posterior')
-timns (January 16, 2011, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that's funny! At least it wasn't 'piece of _____'
-movrshakr (January 16, 2011, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D Oh I can see you're going to be trouble ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version