ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Timns Apps

Auspex

(1/18) > >>

timns:
Mr mouser has been very generous and set up a new board for me where we can discuss the apps what I wrote (with apologies to Ernie Wise)

So the first obvious one would be Auspex, which is my larger NANY contribution for 2011.

Where would we be without DC?  :Thmbsup:

Download here

movrshakr:
I just came across this, and think it sounds absolutely wonderful.  I am having a bit of difficulty seeing how to "make it start working."

For example, if I want it to ALWAYS replace "teh<space>" with "the<space>", exactly how do I do that?

And how would I handle this:  I want it to replace "form<space>" with "from<space>", but also allow me to change it back to "form<space>" in those cases where that IS the intended word.  I type 'from' many times more than 'form' and often misspell it.

timns:
I just came across this, and think it sounds absolutely wonderful.  I am having a bit of difficulty seeing how to "make it start working."

For example, if I want it to ALWAYS replace "teh<space>" with "the<space>", exactly how do I do that?
-movrshakr (January 11, 2011, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Click the "New" button, and set up a Replacement as per this screenshot:

And how would I handle this:  I want it to replace "form<space>" with "from<space>", but also allow me to change it back to "form<space>" in those cases where that IS the intended word.  I type 'from' many times more than 'form' and often misspell it.

--- End quote ---

Tricky! You could have something that changed "form" to "from" but it may drive you nuts after a while. One option would be to have a Replacement with something like 'frm' instead, that you deliberately used instead of "from", just to avoid the whole thing.

Those typos that are in fact another valid word are problematic... let's throw it out there: anyone got any good ideas for this?

movrshakr:
OK, I got the T E H thing to work (can't type t e h anymore as it gets replaced!) :).  Don't know what was happening, but it would not take any typing in the replacement box.  I did a paste into it instead, and that worked.  Later, I observed it WAS taking direct typing into the box.  I don't know exactly what the sequence of things was, but definitely, it did not take direct typing when first tried--and there was a beep on some of the keystrokes.

What does the check-box Erase Trigger on/off do?

timns:
OK, I got the T E H thing to work (can't type t e h anymore as it gets replaced!) :).  Don't know what was happening, but it would not take any typing in the replacement box.  I did a paste into it instead, and that worked.  Later, I observed it WAS taking direct typing into the box.  I don't know exactly what the sequence of things was, but definitely, it did not take direct typing when first tried--and there was a beep on some of the keystrokes.

What does the check-box Erase Trigger on/off do?
-movrshakr (January 11, 2011, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

It deletes (or does not delete!) the space/enter/tab that you typed to show Auspex that you'd come to the end of your word.

It's handy to have that character deleted if, for example, you are using auspex to replace short acronyms with something that you then add something ELSE onto.

For example, I have one called mld which exapands to http://downloads.ourwebsitesaddres.com/

so I can type mld<tab>readme.txt and auspex creates:
http://downloads.ourwebsitesaddres.com/readme.txt (having removed the tab char for me)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version