ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

How to stop backups

(1/3) > >>

cyberdiva:
Yes, Mouser, I know this is heresy, but I really do NOT want LBC to make daily backups, and I can't find a way to stop it from doing so.  (I'm using version 1.116.01 on WinXP Pro SP3.)  I'd also like LBC to keep its promise not to nag me all the time about the need to back up.  The box that appears with the nag message claims that I won't see it again, but apparently it means I won't see it again until next time.  :(

I back up the three key LBC files regularly to my flash drive, so I really do not need or want my directory cluttered with all this backup files.  It's hard for me to find the REAL files amid all the clutter.  I'm sure there must be a way to stop this from happening. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

mouser:
it's kind of crazy i dont have an option to disable backups -- i will add in next version coming this week.

cyberdiva:
Great!  Thanks very much, Mouser.  I love LBC, and I'll love it even more with the next version.  :Thmbsup:

cyberdiva:
it's kind of crazy i dont have an option to disable backups -- i will add in next version coming this week.
-mouser (January 09, 2011, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, Mouser.  I just thought I'd mention that the "next version" (1.117.01) still makes frequent backups.  :(

While I'm writing, I thought I'd ask a quick question: does LBC work on 64-bit versions of Windows 7?  I'm beginning to think it's almost time for a new computer, and I've been debating about 32-bit vs. 64-bit.  I definitely do not want to opt for 64-bit only to find that some of my favorite programs (like LBC) will have problems.

mouser:
Works fine on 64 bit, using it here.

As for reducing the backups:

* Go to configuration, then choose top root node labeled "Options"
* Then uncheck the option to backup data files when upgrading, and change the backup filesnames to the ".bak" option.
* Then Save.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version