ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (32/47) > >>

nudone:
Okay, I'm still liking the capabilities of WinButton over the iPad, Keypad Pro. The important feature being program aware context switching layouts.

I have to ask, though, has anyone had WinButtons working on a mini touchscreen, such as a MIMO or a Lilliput device.

The main problem I foresee is that when pressing the touchscreen to activate WinButton, it will cause the mouse cursor to jump to the touchscreen button location - where it will then stay and require moving back with the mouse - which isn't really what is desired when using a touchscreen. (Sorry, if this problem has already been resolved and I've just not been keeping oup with the thread.)

Ath:
I'm pleased to see that WinButton is now 1.0.0.0
-nudone (August 25, 2011, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's WinButtonEdit, the configuration editor for WinButtons, that has gone the 1.0 release :-[, WinButtons is already on v3.3.2

I tried to do something for Android devices acting as the controller-device by using/modifying PRemoteDroid, but I couldn't get it to work (no WiFi - dev-PC connection available, and USB also doesn't work for me) and the project seems to be abandoned by it's developer(s) :(

Ath:
cause the mouse cursor to jump to the touchscreen button location
-nudone (August 25, 2011, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't get that far into it, so I don't have any solution for that built in. I'll see if I can anticipate a fix for that 8)

nudone:
Ah, right, sorry, Ath. I wondered why you'd changed the name to WinButtonEdit - because you hadn't.

If the reviews were more positive for the available touchscreens I'd buy one right now and then try and help out with testing WinButtons.

I think I'll try the iPad thing. See if I can tolerate having to manually swap the button layouts for each program I switch to, hate it, then just order a MIMO screen...

Ath:
I added a new feature to WinButtons: CursorRestore, on a request from nudone in this thread.
When enabled, the cursor is restored to it's last know position, outside of the WinButtons window. To be used if WinButtons is positioned on a (external) touch-screen.

WinButtons 3.4.0
Next to supporting the new CursorRestore option, WinButtonsEdit also displays the current (Top, Left) position of the preview window (if enabled), and has a menu-option to copy those coordinates to the Global Top and Left fields, so the preview can be dragged to the desired position, and used as startup coordinates for WinButtons.

WinButtonEdit 1.0.1.1
Download available from the release message, linking to my DCMembers pages.

It really needs real-world testing, but any feedback is welcome :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version