ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (36/47) > >>

nudone:
Marvellous.

One main feature I've been meaning to request is a button "state" toggle, i.e. when you hit a button it then changes appearance, which means it could change background and/or text colour OR the button image file.

As an example: I use the buttons to toggle "modes" or program states in Photoshop like "snap to grid", but I can quickly forget whether I've enabled that mode or not - so a visual cue of the related button being red, for enabled, and black for disabled would be very useful.

Maybe this kind of feature would lead to more confusion, though, as the button wouldn't reflect any program (Photoshop) state changes that were performed via menu commands or keyboard shortcuts.

Ath:
Maybe this kind of feature would lead to more confusion, though, as the button wouldn't reflect any program (Photoshop) state changes that were performed via menu commands or keyboard shortcuts.
-nudone (September 11, 2011, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think this is the biggest disadvantage of a button/function like that. What if you changed it from the application menu, or using a keyboard shortcut? The state wouldn't be in sync with what WinButtons is displaying to you. Unless ofcourse there's a way to retrieve the setting from somewhere :-\ And if those states could be explicitly set, but lots of times it's a toggle, and not one menu-item for On and another for Off.

In fact, a toggle-button is currently possible, by defining 2 adjacent buttons with conditionmode set to 0 (or conditionmode 2 and arrangement 2) and having a reverse condition state. I've done so in the copymenu.ini example layout (it's an early version of a layout that is in actual use). But it requires the state to be measurable, as is a directory or file that exists or not, or set to a :varVariable:.
Hm, I have 2 more items for my todo list ;)

Ath:
I've been doing some more testing, mostly of WinButtonEdit as it had a few annoyances. Most of that is fixed now (what's not fixed, I didn't see or find ;)) And not unimportant, I added the missing .dcupdate files, for dcuhelper :-[
Details are in the WinButtonEdit.readme.txt file, and WinButtons.au3 source.

I received a template from nudone, to be used with the touch-screen, and I modified and expanded it with some numkeypad samples (also in the zipfile).
Screenshots are in the release message.

Here's an update release of:
WinButtons 3.4.2.3and
WinButtonEdit 1.0.3.3
Download available from the release message, linking to my DCMembers pages.

Any feedback is still welcome, as usual :)

nudone:
Ath, is it possible to change the colour of the button borders?

Maybe just as a global thing or, if possible, global AND individual buttons.

Ath:
Are you talking about an extra border around/behind each button with a specific color, different from the background color, or about a part of the current button?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version