I've been working on the graphics support, and am now displaying all filetypes that are supported by the GDIPlus routines (most likely the supported types are: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WMF, and EMF, and maybe even Exif, but I'm not sure that's an actual filetype).
That is in addition to existing Icon display capability, but because of a lack of transparency in the corresponding control I won't promote that feature much
All this new graphics support is 'limited' to the new borderless type of buttons, that aren't actual buttons
, and can best be used combined with the FlipKeycolor feature, to indicate the button has been pressed, instead of the standard 3D effects that buttons have.
Here's a teaser:
And with Opacity 96 pressed:
It allows for stretch-scaled and exactly sized images that can be 'shifted' within the rectangle space, most in the example are resized because they share the button-space with the caption label.
The specialities in the sample are (by button caption):
- gif image: A gif image and a caption combined
- x3y3: A 'simple' colored button with no image
- Metro image button (bmp): A double-width button, with a bmp image shifted to left and down, left aligned caption text, like 'Metro' WPhone7/Win8 UI
- x3y4: A button with an ico file (WBE), and the label on top. (Labels can also be on left or right)
- Opacity 96: Displays the label on top, and a PNG image with opacity set to 96 (out of 255)
- to Right >|: Text only button, right aligned
- Opacity 255: The same Rose PNG image, but with opacity 255 and label at the bottom
I'll be working on the docs and testing some more, and hope to release later today.