ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DC Demographics

(1/5) > >>

timns:
Has there ever been a general survey of the DC population to find out not only where we're all based, but a bunch of other stuff that would, to me at least, be quite interesting?

I'm thinking about such things as:

sex: male, female, other
occupation in some broad sense
do you have a site or blog?
hobbies and interests in some broad sense
Have pets?
What is your greatest achievement?

The list could go on...

It could be quite entertaining: "0.0004% of DC-ers are left-handed Taurean cornflake collectors, over the age of 95 with a wooden leg and a parrot called 'Rolando'"

Yarr!

mouser:
we have done dc surveys in the past that were fun..

actually i think we need to do a new fundraiser in the next couple of months, perhaps we can accompany that with another survey, and start brainstorming about questions we should ask now.  and then we need to get a volunteer who is willing to "analyze" the survey results and come up with some usless, wild, and unscientific conclusions about them.

app103:
and then we need to get a volunteer who is willing to "analyze" the survey results and come up with some usless, wild, and unscientific conclusions about them.
-mouser (January 09, 2011, 01:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

timns:
actually i think we need to do a new fundraiser in the next couple of months, perhaps we can accompany that with another survey, and start brainstorming about questions we should ask now.  and then we need to get a volunteer who is willing to "analyze" the survey results and come up with some usless, wild, and unscientific conclusions about them.
-mouser (January 09, 2011, 01:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd like to help with the useless stuff if someone gets me the numbers at the end of the survey...  :P

4wd:
I'd like to help with the useless stuff if someone gets me the numbers at the end of the survey...  :P-timns (January 09, 2011, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

To avoid all the work you could use what we used to call Rigger's Method.

ie. Just make up the numbers and base your conclusions on them.

The MPAA/RIAA use the same formula when calculating how many billions lost to pirating....so it must be valid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version