ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so difficult to hide the Title Bar?

(1/3) > >>

paulobrabo:
Both Chrome and Photoshop (and a couple of other programs) already hide the Title Bar in order to save precious screen real state, but I was unable to find a utility that hides the Title Bar of any given window (or by default) in XP (or later).

I'm not a programmer, so this may be more difficult than I suppose it is. Why is is so difficult to hide the Title Bar?

In fact, why we still have Title Bars at all?

Ath:
In fact, why we still have Title Bars at all?
-paulobrabo (January 09, 2011, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
To uniquely identify several instances of the same application, or find different applications holding nearly the same content (Wordprocessor and a pdf output of that same document? Which one to start editing...)

paulobrabo:
To uniquely identify several instances of the same application, or find different applications holding nearly the same content (Wordprocessor and a pdf output of that same document? Which one to start editing...)
-Ath (January 09, 2011, 05:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Quite specialized tasks, I would say; Taskbar icons could be probably used to the same effect without the redundancy.

And it still doesn't explain why it's so hard to hide the damn thing 8) .

Ath:
And you would want to close, minimize or maximize all apps from their auto-hiding menu's (press Alt to bring that into view) or from their Taskbar icon (W7 assumed, without taskbar labels enabled) ??
How are you going to drag that window around your desktop if it doesn't have a 'handle' to drag it by?

paulobrabo:
Egads, found one! Autoit executable, free:

Hidecaption 0.9
http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=76862

Ath, both Photoshop and Chrome have the same elegant solution for most of the problems you mention. I wish they were universally implemented!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version