ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FScript2, a new way to build javascript plugins for FARR

<< < (6/7) > >>

cranioscopical:
Thanks for sticking with this, ecaradec!

What you're doing has the potential to attain a level of elegance unseen since they closed the Waldorf-Astoria.

Armando:
Following this thread. I'm willing to do some testing in my spare time when next version shows up.  :Thmbsup:

(Why arent the old scattered dlls in the various plugin folders simply crushed by the new fscript version whenever it's updated ? I know that I look stupid at the moment as I'm missing something, obviously...)

mouser:
there is something important that i think needs to be cleared up.

i understand that fscript2 does something very clever in modifying the files inside the other plugin directories.
but this may fail on OS > winxp due to security restrictions, and it seems troublesome.

what i don't understand is if this process is an important part of fscript2, or if it could be avoided by simply having fscript plugin authors release a new version of their plugins with the small new dll included.

phitsc:
(Why arent the old scattered dlls in the various plugin folders simply crushed by the new fscript version whenever it's updated ? I know that I look stupid at the moment as I'm missing something, obviously...)
-Armando (January 25, 2011, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's a fair point. The only problem that comes to mind is compatibility problems for plugins that depend on a certain fscript.dll version. FScript2 would allow them to still use their old version of fscript. But as this is just what we don't want...

mouser:
Why arent the old scattered dlls in the various plugin folders simply crushed by the new fscript version whenever it's updated ?
--- End quote ---

my concern is the opposite -- i think trying to delete/modify these files is likely to be problematic to do in an automated fashion.
for me the main goal should be on the other end of the issue -- making fscript2 not need to create or modify files.

i dont think there is anything wrong with forcing existing plugin writers to update their fscript based plugins, and i can even make farr ignore the old directories or do other things, i just think that trying to have one plugin delete/modify files in other plugin directories is very likely to fail in confusing ways on windows vista and win7, which is just not going to let you do this in the program files subdirectory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version