ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderSize o DirectorySize with rules or filters

<< < (4/9) > >>

nudone:
i'd do it how timns explained. though, i do have a few buttons that do the same job so i don't go through the menus.

tomos:
Go to the View menu, and choose "Flat View" - there are three options, so you'll need to find the one you like.
-timns (January 09, 2011, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dunno if this any help:

I think the flat views show a "Location" column by default which shows the path (if not, you can add columns as in Explorer)
If you sort by that, the files and folders will be grouped according to the path.

Contro:
Nice indeed.
I continue some doubts in the specific forum.
 :)

rjbull:
SpaceSniffer [...] but I think is not initially prepared to filter folders or save a filter over a folder with subfolders-Contro (January 09, 2011, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't see any way to save filters from session to session.  But, you say you aren't going to do this very often anyway.

I don't understand, but I think don't give me all subfolders in the example i try over my pc. .......Empty folders don't appear.
--- End quote ---
I would guess that they are there, but don't show up on the space map either (a) because they're too small or (b) because you have to zoom in to a folder to see its subfolders.  But, I think all subfolders are counted.

The filter is only in affirmative way (inclusions), not exclusions I think.
--- End quote ---
Exclusions are definitely permitted, and were used in my earlier post: Example *.jpg;>100kb;>2weeks
        :red;:yellow
        :tag:red+yellow
        :tag:r+y
        |*.exe;|*.dll
        :attr:a+h-s
        :attr:a,h,-s
        |:attr:a
        :attr:-a
(|) = starting '|' (pipe) negates

--- End quote ---

uuderzo:
I put an email to Uderzo. i think small folders are not considered. But my folder contains two important dwg files. So I think is not a good space sniff.
-Contro (January 09, 2011, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Small folders are considered, but not necessarily shown on video due to the small screen area. However, their size is considered in the computation of the parent folder size.

You may want to try lowering the "Min element size" parameter in the configuration dialog to check if the small folder appears. If it doesn't appear it means it's too small (consider that the main purpose of SpaceSniffer is to find big elements, not small elements) but, still, it is considered in the parent size. It's only a display "issue".

You may want to check it by using the File/Export function. This function will export each filtered item, even the smallest one.

In next version (1.1.3.0 few days to release) there will be more filtering/exporting capabilities. I'll try to squeeze into the new version also a "filter by folder name" function.

Let me know if this is of any help.

Greetings! Umberto Uderzo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version